Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Deeper View into the Games Industry

Who's writing this blog and what's in it for you?
My name is Michael Wu and I’m an aspiring indie game developer with well over a decade of experience as a AAA games artist, designer, and development director. I have shipped multiple titles and DLC with some of the most significant companies in the industry, with total lifetime unit sales in the tens of millions. Games I've worked on include a couple Star Wars games, a beat-em-up called Oni, a slew of Halo shooters, and DeadSpace 3.
An artist or designer who studies this blog will hopefully make smarter career decisions and learn to communicate more effectively. Throughout my career, strong communication has been my focus, and it's what I continue to think about when I write code, design a sprite, or send an email -- even though I currently work alone. This blog connects rapidly evolving technology and processes with our universal desire to hear, be heard, and be treated well.  
My sincere hope is that these posts will extend your view into the industry's practices and trends, allowing you to prosper in what has always been a very tumultuous place to grow a career.
Thanks for reading,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment